Wednesday, July 30, 2008

HUMMINGBIRD DAY, 2008



Hummingbird Day was another rousing success. It was a cool and cloudy day which was great for the hummers and great for us. I think Susan "bagged and banded" three hummers in all. The Lee County Master Gardeners seemed to be busy whenever I had a chance to check, answering questions and giving advice. I wish I would have had a chance to listen to all of Mike Papay's talk on drought tolerant gardening but we got very busy and I was needed elsewhere.

Thank you to all our customers who came and spent the day with us, to Susan Campbell, she is always a pleasure, the Lee County Master Gardeners, hopefully this can be the first of many plant clinics they hold here, to Mike Papay for letting us all pick his brain and a special big THANK YOU to my PIC Peggy who inspired us all to make this year's Hummingbird Day the best one ever.


&rell=0

No comments: